The mission of Friendship Public Charter School (FPCS) is to prepare students to become ethical, literate, well-rounded and self sufficient citizens by providing a world-class education that motivates students to reach high academic standards, to enjoy learning, to achieve success, and to contribute actively to their communities.
The Instructional Technology Coach is a full-time position with the primary responsibility for implementation of the technology program at the school level. The Instructional Technology Program Coach provides teachers with the pedagogical support to effectively leverage technology in the classroom. The coach challenges teachers and leaders to fulfill their vision, and advocates to improve student achievement by engaging students in the learning process, personalizing learning, etc. The coach works to ensure that every teacher in the building has the opportunity to become proficient in leveraging technology in the classroom to access deeper learning through rigorous and relevant lessons. By being versatile, the coach provides opportunities for the school to innovate and explore enhancements to current practice.
In addition to building capacity within professional learning communities, the coach creates and leads a culture of teacher leaders who are comfortable with using data for continuous improvement, collaboration, and facilitating professional learning. Lastly, the coach helps to expose students to compelling careers and the technical skills necessary to be successful in those careers.
● Collaborates with teachers and school leadership to develop and execute strategic plans that illustrate the integration of the Technology and school goals.
● Collaborates with Teachers on weekly tracking and reporting of progress.
● Keeps district leadership and principal abreast of progress.
● Leads and supports the faculty in the integration of effective uses of digital technology through a consistent pattern of strategic outreach and informal support.
● Collaborates with teachers in composing effective technology-infused, content-based lessons, and support teachers as they implement these lessons in their classrooms. In addition, helping teachers reflect upon and improve lessons.
● Promotes a strong learning culture among all project participants.
● Participates in ongoing professional development related to job responsibilities and maintaining expertise in the field.
● Promotes model instructional practices and the role of technology in them.
● Collaboratively develops engaging lessons with faculty and provides support through classroom observations, modeling, and co-teaching.
● Provides assistance and training to instructional staff in the integration of technology to support student achievement. This includes planning and implementing job-embedded professional development and workshops for individuals, small groups, and large groups.
● Nurtures and grows student opportunities for leadership in technology and STEM.
● Documents innovative learning strategies for ongoing assessment and publication purposes.
● Periodically collects data on levels of technology integration via classroom observations to inform professional learning supports.
-Bachelors degree required (Masters degree preferred) in technology, education or related field.
- Prior teaching and coaching experience required.
- Strong history of innovative teaching practices and building student aspirations.
- Strong understanding of adult learning andragogy and pedagogy and their relation to technology integration.
- Listens to others and remains receptive to new ideas.
- Addresses criticism in an appropriate manner and develop constructive outcomes.
- Sustains effort and enthusiasm in the quality and quantity of work.
- Effectively educates/mentors technology users.
- Establishes and maintains positive, effective working relationships with staff, students, and the community.
- Effectively manages their time, is organized and prioritizes work to meet the needs of the users.
- Enthusiastic about the use of technology.