Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
As the nation's first multi-campus charter school, Friendship Public Charter School has been producing college-ready students for over 15 years. From Preschool through 12th grade, Friendship invests in providing a rigorous academic curriculum that enables our children to excel as ethical, literate, and well-rounded leaders in a 21st century economy.
The FPCS psychologist is committed to providing its students the support services they need in order to develop and soar as our next generation of leaders. The school psychologist views wellness as a critical element of the overall success and achievement of our students. The psychologist performs a variety of duties involved in the testing, diagnosis and administration of remedial treatments to students with special needs.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school or university in educational or clinical psychology including; 42 semester hours of graduate coursework and 500 hours of successful field experience in a school setting under the supervision of a certified school psychologist required
- Must be eligible to acquire or must possess DC certification as a psychologist
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills: written, verbal, listening
- Ability to articulate test results to parents who are not familiar with psychological tests required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Well organized
- Ability manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and high needs environment
- Commitment to servicing students from a minority and/ or lower socioeconomic background required