Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The mission of Friendship Public Charter School is to provide a world-class education that motivates students to achieve high academic standards, enjoy learning, and develop as ethical, literate, well-rounded and self-sufficient citizens who contribute actively to their communities.
- Opens and unlocks the building, grounds, and parking lots, preparing the facility to receive staff and students
- Secures and locks the building and facility at the end of the day, ensuring that all gates and doors are secure, and that the building alarm system is activated
- Conduct and observe searches of all personal property entering the building, including briefcases, computer bags, pocketbooks and purses, student's book bags, backpacks, and lunch boxes
- Staffs various posts in order to provide the appropriate security presence and coverage, ensuring personnel safety, physical security, and asset protection
- Perform security walk-through of the school, in accordance with the assigned daily schedule, and as directed
- Prepare a formal Incident Report for submission to the Head of Security, when required, or directed
- Obtain statements from students, staff, or teachers as appropriate to properly document significant events, which occurred during that day's shift
- May be required to work weekends, early evenings, on weekdays and selected holidays.
- Graduation from high school OR GED a minimum of 2 years of experience in security (school experience is preferable). Police experience or higher education may be substituted.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of school security officer work experience
- Must have Security Certificate or License
- Satisfactory criminal background check, satisfactory drug test results.
- A valid District of Columbia Security Officers license issued by the Metropolitan Police Department